english summer pt. 2

6/24/2015

IMG_0480

Summer is here! I'll be posting a lot more frequently soon, especially about my wedding since it's almost our 1 year anniversary. Today I'm finally sharing the last of my England trip photos and news about my sister's new dreamy print shop (read on, it's exciting stuff!). As I mentioned in my last post, the road trippin' aspect was probably my favorite. I was able to relax as a passenger, whilst looking outside the car window at the picturesque scenery. Here are some of the highlights:

IMG_0975
IMG_0937

Blenheim Palace
I hadn't heard of Blenheim until my sister introduced me to it. Palaces and castles are apparently the norm in Europe, so some of them seem to fall under the radar for us Americans. I enjoy an ornate location, especially when gardens are involved (oh the novelty!). I watched Barry Lyndon soon-after visiting, trying to see where the locations were filmed, but I fell asleep halfway through (is it in the second half?!).

IMG_0977
IMG_0974
IMG_0973
IMG_0939

My sister, Vanessa, pointing at a labyrinth. Presumably trying to locate the exit from above? Regardless, all labyrinth participation should culminate in ice cream consumption...

IMG_0938
IMG_0479

Worcestor
We made a quick stop here to visit family and then admired the large swan gatherings on the river. I'm lucky if I see a swan once a year, so I hope those who live within close proximity enjoy it on my behalf every day! And then I saw this amazing display of cats in a window...

IMG_0940

If you can't get enough of England, you should definitely head over to Vanessa's new print shop, RamblePrints, which features dreamy photography for Anglophiles and Francophones alike! Use the code, "HALLOVALERIE20" at checkout through July 12 to get 20% off your order! Here are just a few of my faves:

il_fullxfull.768432835_6rcw-1

This is making me nostalgic for the UK...

il_fullxfull.768432835_6rcw-1
il_fullxfull.768432835_6rcw-1

So dreamy! Make sure to follow RamblePrints on Etsy and Facebook.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. beautiful photos as always! you can hardly turn a corner anywhere in europe without coming across a beautiful castle or historic monument so i guess there will always be some that fall under the radar, haha. can't wait to see some photos from your wedding too! i'm so slack with blogging i haven't even posted any photos from when i was in the US and that's pretty close to a year now since i got to the east coast, oops! also i feel like just about everything in life should culminate in ice cream. x

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Yes, castles everywhere! And I can't believe it's already been a year since you were visiting the east coast! You had so many experiences traveling that I bet it would take forever to post about. Your instagrams were fab so that should count for something :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm reading "Lolita" now too : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds lovely! I could never finish it...but I did love the Kubrick film :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!