Long Long Long

5/03/2015

1c

It's been a long long long time. The title of this post refers both to my lengthy absence in blogging, and as an homage to one of my favorite Beatles' songs ever. My history of blogging goes way back to the Livejournal days, or as we called it then, "LJ". I started when I was around 16, because I was the perfect candidate: introverted with creative tendencies. I shared plenty of photos, through the most awkward stages of teenage-dom. I wish I could take back 80% of what I posted, and 100% of the vague prose that I called language back then. Needless to say, when I quit posting at eighteen, it was as a favor to everyone.

bougainvilla

Then from 2011-2013 I found myself here, on blogger. I was lucky enough to have connected with some of the loveliest ladies in all the lands. They were passionate, creative, unique; all of the best things. I mainly shared my travel photos, day trips to botanical gardens with my sister, and my love for Los Angeles, films, cats, desserts, etc. I still have immense joy and appreciation for all of that, but at some point my free time had to be allocated differently. I had lots on my "to-do" list. In the last two years, a lot happened and changed. Most of it was wonderfully fortuitous looking back, albeit challenging. Last time I posted, I had finally received my degree in Graphic Design and since then...I got hired as a full-time Designer, became engaged, got married, bought our first place as husband and wife, and now I'm somehow maintaining it all day-by-day.

wedding2

Did I miss sharing my experiences along the way? Of course! Most of my days were filled with grueling tasks and endless hard work. I can honestly say that I didn't take a weekend off for almost two years (gasp) so now I'm just happy to sit here and look back on it all! I'm twenty-seven now and my pursuits are a little different from even a year ago, although with the same simplistic approach; to revel in nostalgia and organic beauty. I'm looking forward to this new phase of posting and sharing what I've been up to; such as travel, my design work and of course my wedding!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Hey Val! I'm glad your little corner of the internet is back :) In the age of doppelgangers, you always stand on your own. I love your new design btw xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baww thanks Vanessa! It will take me a little while to get back into the swing of things, but I'm looking forward to posting again. Hope to see you join in ! xx

      Delete
  2. So very happy to see a post from you show up on my dash after all this time. :) Please do resume posting again, I've genuinely missed your beautiful photos and sweet words. Congrats again on all of the amazing developments in your life as of late. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I equally missed your posts & out-of-this world style! I'm still catching up on all the new ways of reading blogs (is it feedly that people use?) So in the meantime, I'm like a Grandma trying to figure out a smartphone. I will catch up in time! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so so happy to see you back here, Valerie!
    Your new blog design looks great, but the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Polly! You are always the dearest xx

      Delete
  4. aww i'm SO HAPPY to see a blog post from you! it's funny how much things have changed since the LJ days and although i've never managed to stick to blogging as a routine and my blog has really different content on it now that it used to, it's still so nice to have a space online to express yourself and to connect with other lovely girls around the world, and it's so lovely to see you getting back into it! :) xxx

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! It's great to be back! Although...of course I chose to come back whilst in the middle of taking a Spring class. Perfect timing, eh? :D I completely agree with you that it's nice to have a space to express yourself and connect with gal pals. I'm sooo looking forward to catching up! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad I've found this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I always enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to the new entries. I can't believe it has been years! Glad to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe it's been so long either....time really flies! x

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!