english summer pt. 1

5/26/2015

IMG_0545

It's been almost two years since I visited my sister, Vanessa, in England during the summer (time, where have you gone?!). I thought I'd revisit some of the lovely places that I was lucky enough to experience during my short stay. It wasn't my first trip to England but it was wonderfully different from the usual London stops that I've made, since we primarily stayed in the countryside. She lives in a quiet (compared to Los Angeles) town in Northamptonshire so it was a refreshing change of pace for me. We did plenty of road-trippin' to nearby locales, like:

IMG_0485

Oxford
One of the highlights was spending a day in Oxford, where the streets were full of beautiful foliage and historical sights. Even though I never saw Jonny Greenwood randomly walking the streets (a lifelong dream) it was still a wonderful visit. We went to the University of Oxford's Botanic Garden to see lovely flower beds and enjoy the River Cherwell.

IMG_0475

IMG_0470

IMG_0481

IMG_0487
Proof that pink is always a good idea.


IMG_0547

IMG_0486

Milford on Sea
One day we drove South, to spend time in the New Forest. We made a quick stop in nearby Milford on Sea to see the ocean. I'm not used to rocks being on beaches instead of sand, so I was a complete mess when it came to walking on "the beach". Luckily I found an overlooking perch and tried to pay homage to Copenhagen's Little Mermaid.

IMG_0484

IMG_0546

IMG_0473

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. These are such wonderful photos, dear Valerie! It makes me want to go to England. English countryside is simply wonderful!
    Will you be visiting your sister some time soon again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearest Polly! My sister is planning to move back to the U.S. next year, so I'm afraid I won't have time to visit her again. However Donald and I are hoping to do an Iceland trip next summer, so I might still end up on *that* side of the world! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so inspiring! I'm just starting to make plans for a possible trip to England next summer after finishing my undergraduate studies, so these photos are fueling my wanderlust even more!

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina! That sounds exciting and well deserved after your studies! I'd recommend visiting the New Forest if you make it to England, because it was so magical to see the ponies roam freely. I'm sure you'll have a great time! x

      Delete
  3. These shots are so inspiring. I must admit I am jealous that you got to visit the UK! I seriously would love to go. My favorite shot is the mermaid beach pic! Looks like such a beautiful trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. I'll share more photos soon! x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! It has been almost a year since I was last in England and I miss it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your trip photos were so fab! There are definitely things to miss from England...specifically bourbon biscuits! :)

      Delete
  5. It's so nice to look back on that trip. One of my favorite moments was taking photos in the lavender fields. So much lol! I still laugh when I think about it. Gorgeous photos as usual. Now, about those bourbons. Might have to send you new rations. Obviously, separate ones for you and Donald! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waterlilies <3 These are so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, I've missed your photography on your blogs. Pretty excited you're getting back into things here. The photos op this trip look magnificent and peaceful. Lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photos! i have no idea how time passes so quickly, it's been 7 months since i've been home already and all i can think about is going away again, haha. i've not spent much time exploring the rest of england but i'd really love to one day as i know there's so much more to see outside of london! my family used to live outside of kent for a couple of years when i was really young but i don't remember much about it, so apart from that i've only really spent time in london. i'll make sure i change that one day! hope you've been well lovely xo

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous and it is so wonderful that you got to visit your sister! Family is so important! What an incredible place to live and visit! Time does pass so quickly!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!