white christmas

12/16/2012

makeup
title

My fall semester finally wrapped up a few days ago, so I've been happily resting at home. It won't last long unfortunately because I start a new semester in two weeks! Yikes! I'll enjoy my short break while it lasts, which includes flying to snow-filled Wisconsin next week for my annual Christmas trip. In the mean time, I've been reorganizing my office and watching festive films! My favorite holiday film is White Christmas, which I mentioned in a post awhile back. It's so cheerful and warm, and the dance performances are the best!

wallace and davis

The movie stars Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Vera Ellen, and the wonderful Danny Kaye. A great combination of performers!

sisters
dancing

This is one of my favorite scenes because it's so romantic, joyful, and captures the era of old Hollywood films quite well. It was actually difficult to take screen captures because they dance so quickly! Here's the clip that goes along to this wonderful scene.

snoooww
trees
mandy rosemary

I loved this part as a child, and by now I've probably seen it 50 or more times (hah!)

mandy end
dance
yellow dress

Vera Ellen's perfect yellow dress. She dances so incredibly in many scenes, even if she didn't sing a note in the film herself!

letter
carousel club
cake
end song

The film ends with a great performance of the song, "White Christmas". I couldn't imagine a Christmas without Bing Crosby singing, or seeing this film. In the midst of so much strangeness in the world, it's nice to take the time and see something positive and sweet ♥

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. What a lovely wholesome looking film! The hair and makeup inspiration is just divine!
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and make the most of your short break. I can't believe that this year is nearly over, it's just madness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this film looks so wonderful! I've heard of it often but never sat down to watch it. That will certainly change in the next couple of days! Bing Crosby's voice is already so Christmasy. I love the screenshot of them sitting at the table with festive drinks. And of course the red lacquered nails are a must! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you can finally enjoy some time off, Valerie! :-)
    I have never seen White Christmas, so I really think this is the perfect moment for me to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh, i adore the fashion from this movie! i just watched this a few weeks ago, a must watch for every holiday season!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its the most wonderful time of the year :)
    Love this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful looking film! i've never seen it myself but i'll have to find it and make sure i watch it this christmas to help get me in the festive spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge movie freak and obsessed and I'm ashamed to say I've never seen that film before.. must start looking for it right away..thanks for the scoop.. and what's up with that girl in the yellow dress? she's got the tiniest waist ever.. so cute...
    happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a good film. Merry Christmas Valerie! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!