spotlight: grace kelly

11/10/2012

grace pool
grace book

Oh how time flies! With one more month remaining for school duties and the holidays fast approaching, I can't help but feel that each day is buzzing by. I've got so much planned for the next few weeks that I can't wait to share! Most of all, I'm happy to share a recent find at my local book store, a book titled "Remembering Grace". It features the absurdly beautiful photographs that Howell Conant took of Princesse Grace, throughout her early career and subsequent whirlwind marriage. The colors in his photos are so luscious.

grace dogs

In the early days of her career she was so serene and focused.

grace red dress
grace laughing

Somehow Howell Conant always captured her private moments in such an intimate way. She seemed so silly, playful and warm.

grace boat

Then Grace met Prince Rainier of Monaco while filming Hitchcock's To Catch a Thief. As the story goes, she stopped appearing in films from that point on, and had one of the most publicized (and beautiful) weddings in modern history. She looked like a doll!

grace wedding
grace balcony

As one could imagine, she lived a glamorous life but she also retained some normalcy while raising her children.
christmas grace

If only I could look as chic while wrapping gifts! I'm currently working on all sorts of lovely Christmas items for my shop, which I'll keep you posted about soon (including a giveaway)! Also next week my sister is visiting all the way from England for Thanksgiving, which I'm looking forward to! Hope you're all doing well and have a relaxing Sunday! x

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Grace has always been a style inspiration to me, her elegance is truly beautiful. Also, I mentioned you in one of my recent posts as one of my style influences. Take a look if you have a chance! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! Thanks for that lovely mention on your blog :) I've been so behind on my google reader so thanks for leading me to your post! Grace was so elegant and seriously the most beautiful person ever! x

      Delete
  2. Ah she's stunning isn't she. Looks like a beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only features her candid photographs so it is super enchanting! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Indeed! Her hair was always perfect too...sigh x

      Delete
  4. what a great find! the pictures of her on the beach (was it mexico?) are my all time favourite. I once found a biography in a charity shop but it wasnt as good looking as yours and to be honest written in a slightly annoying way.
    Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for xmas in your litte shop xx
    ps: i sent you an email a month or so ago, did you get it? sorry if you did and you just didnt have time to answer, its quite alright then, i just wanted to make sure that it didnt end up in your spam folder or something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Moira! I didn't get an email at all! How strange, and I'm sorry for that mix-up. Make sure it was sent to Hallovalerie@gmail.com and/or you can send it again! I've read a few different books/catalogs about her but the photos really seem much more captivating in some way. She managed to convey so many feelings just in her gaze x

      Delete
    2. I think thats why I was annoyed at the biog I read, they were trying to make her pass as a one dimensionnal character where obbviously she was so much more.
      I just forwarded you the email :) xmoira

      Delete
  5. absolutely wonderful! and I have just watched The Rear Window a couple of days ago! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I love that film. Her and Jimmy Stewart are the most charming pair :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, what a wonderful find! She seems so elegant and graceful. I love that black and white photo of her sitting on the ground with her hands on her hips :) I bet you're so excited to see your sister, that's wonderful news! Hope you have a relaxing Sunday as well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that photo as well! There's a whole series of her doing all sorts of silly faces, which is so different from her calm demeanor in most photos. I'm quite thrilled for the holiday season, just have to finish out school to fully enjoy it haha! :)

      Delete
  7. Grace Kelly was such a beautiful woman. I always say she was destined to be a princess because of her looks.
    And she was a very talented actress too.
    That looks like such a wonderful book :)

    Have fun with your sister on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariana! We're gonna have to break out the Mexican recipes and make some tamales for Thanksgiving! We are celebrating Christmas early as well, so I'll have to whip out the Abuelita chocolate too :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!