simple musings

6/04/2012

Happy Monday! With my semester now over, I feel liberated and excited for summer. I thought I'd answer a few questions on this lovely morning, and share photos which I've accumulated from the last few months. As usual I spend the days with Erlend, who loves kitty flats.
lo3

What film/song/book has changed your life?
For a film, I would say perhaps Wild Strawberries because it made me think about a thousand things. For a song, How to Disappear Completely by Radiohead. For a book, Narcissus and Goldmund by Hermann Hesse because it felt like a long-lost memory.

What were the last 3 songs you listened to and what did they mean to you?
They were all by Edvard Grieg and they made me feel so content and optimistic.

lo1

What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning?
I would say a good mix of both, but my I prefer logical reasoning over being purely emotional.

What’s the best route to your heart?
It depends, if you have a piece of raspberry pie on hand that might get you there quicker! In all seriousness, I suppose it would be someone with a good sense of humor, that was genuine and considerate. Or just be a cat.

lo5

What kind of person inspires you?
Usually the bookworm type. The kind that has their own set of peculiar tastes and personal style. Someone like Jonny Greenwood, Sofia Coppola or a Roland Barthes fan.

Can you describe yourself in one word/sentence?
Understated while being complex.

lo27

What are five things that you absolutely have to have in your dream house?
5. A kitchen with marble countertops
4. A room for painted animal portraits
3. A backyard with a row of flower trees
2. A view of the sea
1. Donald and my two cats, Eirik and Erlend

lo4

What do you love to drink and eat?
I love arnold palmers, chai lattes and lingonberry juice. For food, I love eating pasta with lemon and garlic, caramelized onion tarts, vegetarian burgers and most desserts.

What are three things that you like that most people think are odd?
I don't think it's odd but perhaps the X-files, Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers) and the Bee Gees.

a2

What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?
Not having to go to work! I left my job of two years in January to finish school, and I'm so relieved. Every day feels like the best day even if I've had a flu or was busy with schoolwork.

What are you looking forward for the rest of the year?
My vacation to Scandinavia in two weeks, a proper summer break, working on new designs/projects and possibly owning a car!


Are you excited about summer too? x

You Might Also Like

43 comments

  1. It's always lovely to gain just a little insight into a blogger's life, I am so excited for my summer in Greece for 6 weeks! I'd love it if you could check out my blog and perhaps we can follow each other, I have been following you for a little while now, awesome blog by the way! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greece sounds lovely and exotic, have fun! Thank you Angie x

      Delete
  2. I second the, "everyday feels like the best day" feeling when you're not working! This past year has felt comparable to when people take a year off before they start college. Just doing my thaang. Haha. I'm just cruising now with finals. My next one is a breeze compared to the rest. Time for fun now! OMG can't wait :D Ice cream cake on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been pretty awesome so far. No complaints on my end! Fun is definitely around the corner, tonight and on the weekend! x

      Delete
  3. Mmm the ice drink looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was lingonberry juice at Ikea. I love eating there even if it feels like a cafeteria at school haha x

      Delete
  4. I love The X-Files too! I bought the complete series recently, and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great! I have several of the seasons, but my favorite is the "mythology" discs because it contains all the good episodes! I was raised on it so I am a massive fan too :)

      Delete
  5. aww, val. still one of the girls i'd most love to get the chance to hug :) where in scandinavia are you going? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so sweet Brie! Too bad I'm only in London for two days otherwise I'd say we should meet up! We'll be in Norway, the Faroe Islands and Iceland :) I've always wanted to go so I'm so thrilled! x

      Delete
  6. Giiiiiiiirl, the Bee Gees are the bomb-dot-com! Also, the answer to the second to last question is beautiful. How lovely, feeling like every day is the best day. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree! I used to always play "Jive Talkin" as a joke many years ago in my favorite diner. But it grew on me across the years and then I became a fan. Thank you, it sure does feel like that at times! :)

      Delete
  7. Are those kitty shoes Charlotte Olympia? I'm a little jealous ;)
    Your dream house sounds (ah, the redundance) dreamy, especially the room for animal portraits. I definitely want a lot of trees and flowers in my garden.
    Can't wait to see your Scandinavia trip pictures and hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they're actually from a shop called "missguided" from the UK. I would never spend copious amounts of money on shoes, especially since I'll walk in them everyday! I agree with the flowers and trees dream, sigh. And I can't wait either!

      Delete
    2. Great find- they're adorable!!

      Delete
  8. What part of Scandinavia are you going to see? I live in Oslo, and you know what? This summer I'm going to the States, Venice among others. Haha let's switch homes homie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be in Norway (Bergen, Flam, Geiranger), The Faroe Islands and Iceland! Have fun in the states! I bet you'll have lots of fun! x

      Delete
  9. Ohh, I loved these questions! One of my boyfriend's favorite books is Narcissus and Goldmund. And you have such elegant taste in food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you and your boyfriend has great taste! I've only known of two other people that loved Hesse like I do, and we were amazing friends :)

      Delete
  10. Love your little cat flats!
    I've haven't heard of the film or book that you mentioned. I'll have to check it out if they impacted you that much. :)

    http://the-makingofthings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wear them all the time now. They are definitely special, even if they seem a bit boring at first haha :)

      Delete
  11. Hi, just wondering if you would like to swap lifes with me? I have six cats. Cheers, Lou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a lot of cats! I have two and I can barely keep up at times! You must be very patient :)
      x

      Delete
  12. Love all that pics!

    Kiss,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting Valerie, I hope you have a wonderful holiday! I would highly recommend going to the blue lagoon in Iceland, so magical with beautiful surroundings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! We are definitely going to the Blue Lagoon, that was one of the first things that I booked! I am so looking forward to it :)

      Delete
  14. Beautiful photos and a home with a view of the sea is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos! I think as well my dream house has ocean view.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your pictures and your answers! I'm sorry I've been missing the past few weeks, I was travelling (including Scandinavian countries, which were so awesome! I'm sure you'll love them). Your last posts were great, congratulations to Donald for graduating and your cookbook is lovely, you totally should really sell it sometime because your food always looks so yummy XD. Yay for vacation time, you've been working so hard! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nana! Long time no see :) I'm glad you're on vacation and having a blast, you deserve it too after all your studies! I can't wait to head on over there and hear your stories too! x

      Delete
  17. ahh everytime i come here. i feel so drifted into some whimsical wonderland by looking at your photos. Love your editing seriously :D. you have your own personal style. with the pinkish glow and all. also, I AM IN LOVE with those cute kitty flats!! <3 hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Sue! It's funny because that "pink hue" all started when I had an old digital camera in the early 2000s and it automatically added a red tint to everything. When I changed cameras throughout the years, I always missed it. I always prefer film anyhow so I love odd tints :)

      Delete
  18. Aww Erlend has good tastes! As do you! I love your answers and love your dream house requirements! :) Have a wonderful weekend pretty lady! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great weekend too Zoe! If only I could build that dream house pfft.

      Delete
  19. love the kitty flats! i'm on the verge of buying the same ones for myself, haha. also, you're going to scandinavia?! that's so exciting and i'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited and have dreamt of going since I was 13. I still pinch myself that it's happening! The shoes are very comfortable so I recommend them! x

      Delete
  20. i just stumbled across your blog and instantly became obsessed. i wasted a good amount of time here in my cubicle cave at work haha. following you on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so sweet and I would totally waste time at work too, if I still had to be at my desk job! I think I spent the majority of the day on the internet haha. I am mutually following! :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!