the loved one, under the sea

6/27/2012

both

Yes, I'm still on my trip (Iceland tomorrow!) but I wanted to share one last set of photos before I take a small break in posting. A few weeks back, Hannah threw a party for the Loved One's first anniversary of being a physical shop. The funny thing is that I've known Hannah for many years, going back to the livejournal days when we used to appreciate each other's artwork and personal tales, but I had never met her. She was so sweet and we even exchanged hugs since it felt long deserved. The surroundings were also dreamy as you will see!

d
j
g

Vanessa looking through racks of amazing vintage finds

f
c2

Hannah was a great hostess, she brought us a delicious drink of watermelon/mint/rum that clearly had an effect on me! There were also goldfish and yogurt starfish to go along with the mermaid theme that she had setup. Glittered sea creatures were everywhere!

a
b

There was too much prettiness in one day, with Hannah's hair and endless fluffy dresses around. I went home with a glittered purple starfish of my own, and some lovely vintage white gloves to channel my inner Grace Kelly. I hope you have a great upcoming weekend x

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. These pictures are gorgeous, looks like the loveliest shop and party. Hope you're having a blast on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, it was a great trip and so was the party. Hannah is the sweetest! x

      Delete
  2. Such pretty pictures, looks like you had an amazing time! Enjoy your trip, Iceland sounds awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Hannah is so inspiring and pretty XD I wish I could see her actual store too, it looks lovely <3 have fun in Iceland, how awesome, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really cute store with so many little trinkets. She is quite a beauty! x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased you posted this, what a beautiful event. Hope you're having a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, it was such a lovely event indeed with a great host! :)

      Delete
  6. Aw that sounds like such a lovely time! Such whimsical decorations. Hope your trip is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos - I feel a need to visit that shop. BTW, that hat you're wearing in the photo is adorable...but who cares?...You're on a trip to Iceland!! Awesome, hope it's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are always so beautiful and inspirational. Iceland is on top of my "to visit" destinations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a glittery starfish brooch immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happiest girl in the world. Just ordered a starfish brooch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great! I have mine on my bedroom's dresser! x

      Delete
  11. I would like to swim in that glittered sea, ahhh..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted to visit The Loved One's shop, it seems absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was full of really dreamy dresses as well. Too bad I never have such a fancy occasion!

      Delete
  13. lucky you living close enough to have been able to attend the party! it looks like such a beautiful shop and all the glittered sea creatures are so cute! i wish we had been friends back in the livejournal days, they were so great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have the BEST photos, Valerie! I love what I have seen of The Loved One online. I hope you are having a lovely time on your trip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, you are too sweet. I always enjoy reading your blog as well! x

      Delete
  15. LOVE all of these photos. Looks like such a beautiful shop.

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    www.casperandpearl.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely blog you have. Love the gorgeous pictures.
    And I am jealous you went to Iceland.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!