at the museum

5/19/2012

f
g

Although I've been immersed in the final weeks of my current semester, I welcomed a much needed break for a museum visit (for a class project nonetheless) in Downtown L.A. yesterday. Vanessa joined me and we had the finest day seeing postmodern artworks, eating at a place called Lemonade and exploring the rooftop garden of the Walt Disney concert hall. It was sunny and calm before our predictable traffic jam on the way home. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the temporary tranquility which I appreciate no matter how short-lived!

c
e

We shared sandwiches, ate cupcakes from their cute selection, and sat on the patio for a great lunch. We talked about many things, like Vanessa's upcoming birthday this weekend and not comprehending how fast time flies. Mostly, we devoured our food happily.

d
a

Afterwards we walked across the street to the Walt Disney concert hall designed by Frank Gehry. I had previously taken a tour there with my architecture class some years ago and wanted to show Vanessa the rooftop garden. It has such a great views of the city streets!

i
m
h

Vanessa and her lovely new haircut

j
b

The flowers were beautiful, as if from outer space, and being surrounded by shiny panels on a bright day was a challenge to the eyes! I wore my new dress with mustard hearts and yet another red bag for my growing collection. Perhaps I just love mustard and ketchup.

l
k

After withstanding the strong breeze, and exhausting every corner of the garden, we went home and resumed our heavy schedules. Undisturbed leisure is around the bend! I hope you all have a relaxing weekend x

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I wish I knew your photo editing secrets! Your photographs are always so beautiful. That dress is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Christie. I use an odd mixture of tools at times (an iphone app and photoshop) since I'm quite specific with colors I like :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness your dress is INCREDIBLE, seriously stunning! I especially love how the mustard and white colours of the dress and your red bag go so beautifully with your red hair :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments Harlow! Perhaps I gravitate toward red bags because of my hair :)

      Delete
  3. looks like you had a great day. fab pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a nice day, although I was really exhausted (you luckily cannot tell) because of many all-nighters with school! x

      Delete
  4. I think I love mustard and ketchup too! Well them together ;)Beautiful outfit Valerie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Lola! I've been oddly combining the two for years even though a few of my friends thought it looked crazy haha x

      Delete
  5. Dear Valerie,
    I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog! My favourite part about it is that you write about the things that make you happy. Like those small adventures, the foods and clothing you like. I love that your blog is not about everything you want or need to buy but about the things that you are happy for having in your life right now! Your blog is so unique, I love it!
    Love Angie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks Angie! It's nice to hear such lovely sentiments. I definitely consider this blog as a conduit for positivity, otherwise I'd be a pessimist (horrible quality). I certainly have desires in life as everyone does, but it's mostly rooted in simplicity - of making the best with what you have and not wanting more than what is reasonable :)
      x

      Delete
  6. That building is amazing- and you capture it so well in your picture.
    I'm a bag lady too, I can't part from them very easily if I like one... Sounds like you had a lovely day relaxing and admiring many things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariana. My camera's 50mm lens is so zoomed in- that I had to use my iphone for that image of the building! I usually circulate the same bags over and over (for years) and probably only own about 4-5. I had wanted that sofia coppola bag for about 3 years and patiently waited until everything lined up for me to have it :)

      Delete
  7. That sounds like such a wonderful day. I love rooftop gardens - Frank Gehry is an amazing architect. Your dress is lovely too. Good luck on your final weeks of school! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! His buildings are so great to see in person, although this was far too shiny on a hot day hehe. Finding gardens in L.A. is tough enough, but a rooftop garden is even more rare x

      Delete
  8. A lovely sound day! Pretty pictures as always! :) I am green eyed at how it is sleeveless weather where you are! I need some warmth! brrr! :) Oh, but it did make me smile to see somewhere I have been on your blog! :) That very spot by the disney place! :) Zoë Enjoy the rest of your weekend sweetpea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great! I never knew you visited L.A. :) I hardly wear sleeveless, but if I did, this would be the perfect weather. I actually dressed up warmer than usual since the forecast said it would be cold and cloudy. Boy, were they wrong! Hope your weekend is grand as well x

      Delete
  9. Whoa, I love the feel in these pictures... so summery and bright. And I really like your new dress, it's suits you so well! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!