sail to the moon

4/16/2012

santa barbara
andersens

A few days ago we drove to Santa Barbara for a much anticipated Radiohead concert. I used to see a lot of gigs, but now I find myself only reserving the time for a special few. Although I've been to Santa Barbara on many occasions before, this excursion felt entirely different because it was gray and rainy. The beach was an afterthought and our dispositions were relaxed. I had to bring out my winter wear; a mustard yellow wool dress and an old furry hat. Eventually, we walked the main boulevard and found a warm spot for brunch.

my breakfast
hot choc

Vanessa and I had a childhood favorite, Mexican hot chocolate, which tasted so authentic. If you've never tried it before, it tastes of cinnamon and spice. We would boil milk on the stove and then dissolve large chocolate tablets to make it - so delicious!

santa barbara

Vanessa and her colorful nails.

vans food
santa barbara
meand d

Donald and I. We spoke of many things, like the last time we all saw Radiohead together in Paris. It feels like aeons ago. It was the perfect reason to hop on a plane and our first time overseas. So much has changed since then and I grew so much from the experience.

santa barbara
van door

We walked around some more and admired the bright flowers in the midst of gray skies.

santa barbara
d and v

And then we were off! The concert was held in an open air arena, which meant that we had to stand in the rain wearing ponchos. We laughed a lot and felt incredibly silly wearing plastic over our clothes. It was fantastic of course and I can't wait to do it again.

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. You look great in mustard :) Love the photos!
    xx

    www.queenoffunkydiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara, it has been a favorite color of mine for years :)

      Delete
  2. Aww what a lovely day! I've always wanted to try one of those rain ponchos, but I always feel like they are going to choke me or something XD Oh and going to Paris to see Radiohead is such a great trip overseas haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they kind of did choke us. We didn't have a choice because umbrellas were not allowed, in the end it made things very hilarious and fun. I wish I could see them again at Bercy this year argh! x

      Delete
  3. Everything is looking great and you look stunning on that first photo! I love your hat, so chic !xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lola, that is very sweet :) The hat is old but I can't give it up! x

      Delete
  4. You know Val, next time you hit these European coasts, I'm not missing out on it FOR DA WORLD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then you should mosey on over for when I'm in London this July! :) I'll be there on the 2nd and 3rd for a mini break! I wanted to visit Belgium this time around, but we've wanted to go far north for a long time now :o One day I'll hang out on that end! x

      Delete
  5. Your outfit looks amazing :) it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Eline :) All of it is quite old, probably 2-4 years old! x

      Delete
  6. Wow! Your outfit is so pretty!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looks beautiful! And you see Radiohead, ENVY!!

    estrellasdefebrero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I had envy over everyone in the front rows though. We were quite far, but I suppose it still counts haha. Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. Mmm, Mexican hot chocolate :) I forget how delicious and special it is.

    I'll never forget wearing those ponchos. Strangely one of the funnest times I've ever had. Seeing you both in them practically made me cry with laughter! Haha.

    Radiohead <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha seriously. When Donald put it on, I lost it. But you were stomping around in it quite proudly which was hilarious. It was a fun night indeed, and such a nice calm day :)

      Delete
  9. How fun! Mexican hot chocolate sounds delicious - I must try it. You are a wonderful photographer, as well! I always look forward to your posts <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super tasty and not too sweet! It's super cheap to make as well! Thank you Emily, that is sweet. I love to read your thoughtful posts as well x

      Delete
  10. aw val! :) i've heard some of radiohead's songs before but can't remember which! haha. anyway, i love drinking hot chocolate that reminds you of how our parents made it for us when we were kids. oh nostalgia! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've never really been big on the radio, but their albums are a must to listen to! Kid A and Amnesiac are my favorites :) Hot chocolate definitely brings back old memories and is definitely nostalgic! x

      Delete
  11. Ohhhh lucky you..I adore Radiohead. My boyfriend usually plays Creep on guitar when I am mad at him :) Photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting song to play when you're mad! :) I adore them too! x

      Delete
  12. ahhh i love the photos! i love the yellow and navy color combination x http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Mustard yellow is one of my favorite colors ever x

      Delete
  13. Mexican hot chocolate sounds insanely delicious! Love the intimacy of these images:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really is incredibly delicious! x

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!