santa barbara pt 1

2/15/2012




On Friday I spent the day in Santa Barbara, having a belated birthday celebration that was both subdued and vibrant. When I think of the perfect day it involves a scenic view, delicious food, good company and plenty of beautiful surroundings. In Santa Barbara, that's easy to come by. The afternoon began by having a garden picnic at the city's courthouse, which happens to be an architecturally stunning building with endless charm.




We ate blackberries and sweet potato chips (so good!) with lunch. The sun was warm and the breeze from the ocean could be felt in the air.




The location was immaculate and it felt like summer had already arrived.



I wore my dress by Louche and an old red Prada bag that I've lugged around for years.



We wandered around for quite some time, finding new rooms which showcased ornate detail and Spanish colonial influence.





My sister Vanessa, in the large hall which had grand murals on display. Afterwards we continued through the city, stopping on various overlooks to see the coast. We also found ourselves playing miniature golf and having a sushi feast by the end of the night. I will save that for part two!

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Such beautiful photos! They make me long for summer.
    Your plaid dress is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The weather there is so different from Los Angeles, I wish it was summery while still having a breeze here all the time.

      Delete
  2. I love these spanish ornaments !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun marveling at the building inside and out. I love exploring. We were so lucky for the good weather too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best weather ever, and the location was so special with all of its history. What a lovely day, with even more that followed :)

      Delete
  4. I love seeing around your neighbourhood. So sunny too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a nice little day trip! Love the picnic shots, makes me excited for spring.

    Also, can I just say that the photography on this blog is perfection? Everything flows together so well, so many great colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hillary, that's very sweet to say :) The weather hasn't been so nice around my parts, but if the beach is nearby a picnic is a must! x

      Delete
  6. what a nice blog!! compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a really good time! (:
    Santa Barbara looks beautiful - that, or your photography is ;)

    with love from valourandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my favorite day in a long while. Thanks for the compliments - the city really does it all on its own :)
      x

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness! If it's not too strange, where did your sister Vanessa get her dress?! I *love* it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!