On this lovely morning, I thought I'd share 11 random facts about myself and answer 11 questions asked by Samantha.
11 random facts
1. I was in Elle South Korea. Some years ago they asked me to send in photos for a full page feature. To this day I have never seen it!
2. I own seventeen books by Hermann Hesse. I first read his novels when I was thirteen and obsessively collected his novels after that.
3. I'm a pescetarian. For over nine years I have mostly been a vegetarian, except that I eat seafood. I recently gave up dairy too.
4. I used to be a concert photographer. It started out as a hobby when I was thirteen and then became a job, where I only got paid in free tickets. I had so many amazing experiences, but stopped once it became tedious. You can find some of my photos here.
5. I've met some of my favorite people. For me that means Thom Yorke, Sofia Coppola, and Erlend Øye, among others. When I was doing concert photography I was lucky to meet a lot of my favorite bands and artists. This is probably my biggest secret, because most people don't know this about me at all. I tend to be quite shy and keep it to myself.
6. I was the first fan to meet Coldplay in America. This is a weird one, but true. In 2000 I tagged along with my sister to meet Coldplay outside of a radio station. Back then I was a very nerdy 12 year old and when I got an autograph, it had a message that read, "Autograph #1". They explained that we were the first fans to have met them in the U.S. I don't listen to their music anymore, so it's slightly embarrassing and funny to me now.
7. I've got terrible vision. I have to wear contacts or glasses in order to see! I'm thinking of getting new cat-eye frames once and for all.
8. I've been a redhead for seven years. Although indoors it looks brown, it's pretty vibrant in the sun. I can't imagine any other color now!
9. I'm Mexican. Maybe you already gathered that by my last name, but I've only met about five people in my life who've guessed this. Most people think i'm from (insert here) but my parents were both born in Mexico.
10. I only spoke Spanish until I was four. Now I am quite awful at it, but understand most of it if spoken slowly.
11. I've known my boyfriend, Donald, for 10 years. I met him when I was fourteen, became a couple at fifteen, and have lived with him since I was seventeen. It's been a long love story!
What is your greatest accomplishment?
Creating the home that I have with Donald. Many years ago we lived in a crummy apartment, in a bad area. We both longed to live in a nice place, and thankfully we have for almost four years. Now I can plant my own flowers on our quiet porch!
What's your favorite song?
I did a post about my favorite songs here. In short, they are Fratres by Arvo Pärt and À L’ombre De Nous by Francis Lai.
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
I love morning eggs, but also love the intimacy of a prepared dinner. I'd say both.
What are three things that you couldn't live without?
Since people can't be defined as things, I'd say: my macbook, Chanel mat lumiere and Erlend!
What is your greatest fear?
Not being self-motivated. In moments of difficulty, I've always come out of it with good plans.
What is your favorite movie?
Goodness, that's asking quite a lot from me. If I had to choose one it would be There Will Be Blood because the soundtrack is perfect. I made a post about my favorite films here, it includes: 3 Women, The Spirit of the Beehive, Badlands and Through a Glass Darkly.
If you could be granted three wishes, what would they be, and why?
I'd wish for my cat Erlend to be immortal (she deserves it), I'd wish for health & happiness for my loved ones (because they deserve it too), and wish for infinite money (so that I can live in the Cote D'azur of course).
What's your favorite thing about where you live?
That it's surrounded by many things, while being slightly isolated from the main city. You can read more about where I live here.
Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I see myself being absolutely happy because I'm living the life that I want, always.
What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I'd say that it's my determination. When I have something in mind, I rarely give up on it, whatever it is.
(click on images for source)
Make a post with these same questions if you'd like x