with clasped hands

5/29/2011



Yesterday evening, my boyfriend and I went to the Getty. I've visited countless times; for leisure, with an architecture guide and with friends from out of town. It is one of the few places in the city that I think is truly immaculate. Although the exterior surroundings are modern, yesterday felt like a day to be immersed in Boucher. It was also lovely to be there with Donald, who usually prefers to stay away from such ornate settings. I understand the sentiment; a dichotomy exists within myself as well, of preferring modern sensibilities while simultaneously adoring the past.



I spent some time in the lovely garden, these were the flowers that we liked the most.



I have a long holiday weekend, which means today is for staying indoors and watching many films. I am thrilled!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you x

@hallovalerie on Instagram

instgram

sharing is caring

All images are under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs copyright through Flickr.com. If you'd like to use an image, please provide a visible link to the source. Merci!